Sydney Airport Centenary Runway Run – Event Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions – Sydney Airport Centenary Runway Run
1. The participant (Participant) in the 2019 Sydney Airport Centenary Runway Run (Event) presented by Sydney Airport and Surf Life Saving Sydney (Event Organisers) agrees to abide by all Event terms and conditions.
2. I acknowledge that I am entering this Event of my own free will and will participate entirely at my own risk.
3. I understand that I must follow the approved course, observe normal traffic rules and obey all directions and instructions given by Sydney Airport, Event officials and the police.
4. Only entries submitted through the official online registration system will be accepted. The information on how to enter and the details about the Event forms part of these Event terms and conditions. The number of entrants will be strictly limited and will be decided on the basis of first received or until registrations close.
5. If this event is cancelled or changed due to reasons beyond the control of the Event Organisers such as safety reasons or extreme weather conditions or for any reason whatsoever I understand that my entry fee will not be refunded and that the cost price of my ticket will be seen as a donation to Surf Life Saving Sydney unless I contact Surf Life Saving Sydney at firstname.lastname@example.org and request the ticket price is refunded to me in full. I understand that proceeds from the Event go to Surf Life Saving Sydney.
6. I accept that participation in this Event is at my own risk and I accept that participating in this Event may involve real risk of injury or death including but not limited to: over exertion, dehydration and accidents with other participants, spectators or road users.
7. I declare, as a condition of entry into the Event, that I have undertaken sufficient training for the Event and that I am not aware of any illness, injury, physical disability or impairment which may cause me injury or death during or as a consequent of participation in the Event.
8. I agree and accept that Sydney Airport may, in its absolute discretion, at any time and from time to time vary the rules and regulations of the Event without prior notice to me.
9. I agree to abide by any advice given by the Event medical officials to receive such emergency medical aid or preventative treatment which may be deemed advisable in the event of any injury accident or illness to me during my participation in the Event, including transport by ambulance, required before, during or after the event. Please note that these costs are incurred by the patient.
10. The use of any type of drone is prohibited at the Event.
11. No roller skates, roller blades, hand cycles, geared vehicles, skateboards, bicycles, scooters, dogs, balls or other accessories that could cause injury will be permitted at the Event.
12. Smoking and consumption or possession of alcohol is prohibited at the Event.
13. Event officials and security reserve the right to inspect the contents of my bag at any time during the Event.
14. I agree that registration in the Event is valid for the Event only, and cannot be transferred or deferred to future events.
15. I declare that all the information supplied by me in the registration process is true and correct.
16. For entrants 18 years and over: By completing the entry form, I certify I have read and accept the terms and conditions for participation in this event.
17. For entrants under 18 years: By completing the entry form, I certify I am the parent/ guardian of this entrant who is under 18 years and I give my consent for them to participate in this event. I accept the terms and conditions for participation in this event on behalf of the entrant and declare them as capable of completing the event they have entered.
RELEASE AND WAIVER
18. In consideration of acceptance of my entry in the Event, I agree on my own behalf and on behalf of my heirs, executors and administrators and declare that to the extent permitted by law, I hereby waive release and discharge Sydney Airport, its officers, agents, employees, sponsors, promoters, volunteers and any person directly or indirectly associated with the Event in any way, from and against all claims, demands and proceedings arising out of or connected with my participation in this event and I indemnify them from and against all liability for any injury, loss or damage arising out of or in connection with my participation in this Event, whether suffered by me or caused by me to another person. This release applies during the Event and will continue without lapsing thereafter.
19. I consent to Surf Life Saving Sydney using my personal details in my registration form for the administration of the Event and by any third parties selected by me during the registration process, including to SMS information about the Event to me if I have provided a mobile phone number, unless otherwise indicated by me during the online registration process. I also consent to my personal details being used by Surf Lifesaving Sydney and their related bodies corporate for future marketing and promotional purposes.
20. I acknowledge that Sydney Airport is not collecting the personal information given by me to Surf Life Saving Sydney and therefore is not responsible for protecting any personal information I provide.
21. I acknowledge that if I select to become a member of a team, the team manager will have access to download my personal details, including my name, contact telephone number, email address and home address. As a team manager, I understand that my email address will be disclosed to my team members (but not to members of other teams). As a team manager, I also understand the importance of protecting my team member’s personal information. I will destroy any personal information provided by my team members at the conclusion of the Event.
24. I authorise Sydney Airport, and any person it engages, to:
- – create, film, produce or reproduce visual, audio and/or digital recordings and/or images of me (Recordings);
- – use those Recordings for any purpose; and
- – use my name, likeness, voice, or other information concerning me.
25. I assign any present and future copyright in the Recordings (and any other rights I may have in the Recordings) to Sydney Airport, and waive any right to take any action I may have in respect of those rights.
26. I release Sydney Airport from all claims relating to the exploitation of the Recordings and the exercise of any rights granted to Sydney Airport by me in this consent.
27. I understand that my consent includes the present and future release of all my theatrical, non-theatrical, video, television, online and print performance rights, including fees.
July 15, 2020 Surf Live Saving Admin
July 7, 2020 Surf Live Saving Admin
June 26, 2020 Surf Live Saving Admin