A POSITION HAS BECOME AVAILABLE WITHIN SURF LIFE SAVING SYDNEY BRANCH
Position: Administration & Events Officer
Location: Surf Life Saving Sydney Branch Office – Little Bay
Position: Permanent Part Time – 28 hours or 4 days a week
Closing Date for Applications: 6 May 2022
Surf Life Saving Sydney is seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated staff member to join our administrative office in Little Bay. You will be working permanent part time, 28 hours or four days per week, coordinating a variety of events throughout the year while also assisting our volunteers with the day-to-day administration of the organisation.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to be part of one of Australia’s largest Surf Life Saving Branches. You will work closely with the volunteer Director of Administration and the Director of Surf Sports, coordinating a range of tasks, including planning and executing surf sports events and providing administration for one of Australia’s most iconic organisations.
Surf Life Saving Sydney (SLSS) is the busiest water safety and rescue organisation and is the largest branch in the country. We support in excess of 17,000 members in 15 clubs ranging from some of the largest to some of the smallest in the country. Our role is to serve the community through the provision of beach patrol services, support operations, coastal emergency response, training & education, surf sports and junior development.
As the successful applicant you will have previous experience in an administration and events role, along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships with volunteers. The role with suit someone who is highly organised, self-motivated and enjoys managing multiple tasks and goals.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Experience in coordinating or managing sports events involving high volumes of member participants
• Demonstrated experience working with Volunteers
• Outstanding relationship building skills – liaise with internal and external stakeholders e.g. volunteers, officials and suppliers
• Experience developing and implementing projects and working within budgets
• Excellent communication skills, including both written and verbal – Internal and external communications such as memos and circulars, reports on events & meetings and information provided to members
• Highly organised with excellent time management skills ensuring event logistic timeframes are met as set in the project plans
• Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced environment. During events you will be working in a busy hands-on environment in a supportive team atmosphere.
• Excellent computer skills and proficient in using online software including but not limited to Office 365, Xero, WordPress, Surveying software, Adobe, Zoom.
• Not-for-profit salary packaging available
• Flexible schedule/working arrangements
• Opportunity to work in an iconic Australian organisation with strong sense of community
• Supportive workplace, with access to professional development opportunities
• Unique location
HOW TO APPLY
• Explore our website and Strategic Operational plan
• Email through a current copy of your resume (no more than 3 pages) and a cover letter (no more than 1 page).
• Review the linked Outcome Profile and include a written response to the above Essential Skills Required (no more than 3 pages)
• The successful candidate must have the right to work in Australia
For further information or to apply for this role, please contact the Director of Administration via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews following the closing date. SLSS is an equal opportunity employer with commitment to safeguarding children and young people. The successful candidate for this role will be required to undertake a working with children check.